From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2015 12:55:13 -0400
Hello Pete and All,
 I spent a little time going through some publications I have on Nectar , pollen and Plant resins.
We have no shortage of research on the subject.
First: Metabolomics Reveals the origins of Antimicrobial Plant Resins Collected by Honey Bees , from Minnesota ( Marla Spivak and Co ) that went into depth of the different compounds and antimicrobials of a varieties of trees. In fact the bees knew what resins were the best for there needs to keep the nest healthy.
 Second: Do the Honeybees Shape the Bacterial Community Composition in Floral   Nectar. The Netherlands 2013.
It was interesting because of the range of Bacteria that was moved through the environment, including back to the hive. Note: Not all Bacteria is bad)
 We have a very complex natural environment that we think we can plant this or that and fix our problem. It is not that simple. I'm 100% for bringing back some diversity to our environment. I was spoiled with my trip for two weeks in Ireland last year. We covered all of it and I never knew that the earth had so many rocks to make walls out of them. It was a step back in time. We are not going there in the US. We do need to take care of the habitat for all our pollinator's. Not just along the roads.
  There has to be set a priority for habitat and not any more meetings. We know the problem and now lets fix it with the tools we have.
The Best
Roy Nettlebeck