From:
Rory Stenerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 1998 13:11:05 -0500
Greetings,

I'm witnessing something kinda new for me.  For the last couple of days
It's been quite mild here in central Pennsylvania (50-55F) and today my bees are
concentrating their on our back yard bird feeder.  It's a Droll Yankee model with
another feeder hanging below it.  Both feeders have black oil sunflower seeds and
cracked corn.

The bees are working it like they've found a new source of nectar or pollen.
Any ideas what they're getting from this?  I thought the only thing bees worked
was water, pollen, nectar, and tree resins (for propolice).

Thank you, and I hope everyone's bees are surviing well

*               I believe that the phenomena of nature         *
*               is the expression of infinite intelligence.    *
*               I express my belief that all forms of life     *
*               are manifestations of spirit                   *
*               and thus, we are all children of God,  Peace   *
* Rory Stenerson                                      _        *
* Sectry/Treas - Centre County Beekeepers Assoc.    _( )_  ^   *
* V.P. - State College Underground Maltsters       ( -   )     *
* State College, PA U.S.A.                     ^  (  - ^  )  ^ *
* E-mail: [log in to unmask]              (  - _ -  )   *