From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2013 00:00:34 -0300
I've also been going over the data that he cited on buildup in soil.  That
> for imidacloprid appears to plateau after several years.  Has anyone got
> any good refs for field studies on long-term use of clothianidin?

The graph for six years appears to be a linear line.  If you want to look
for a plateau you might be able to see it, but the most significant thing
seems to be the quote on the top of the second page of graphs, that there
was no accumulation over six years.  And then Mr. Goulson appears to be
showing the data that clearly disputes that.  Where did that quote come
from?  Was it data that the company submitted for registration?  Because
when I was talking with  Veldon Sorenson and Robert Steffens of Bayer they
always claimed it would not accumulate in the soil.   But if the soil tests
show a half life of well over a year, how can it not accumulate?  What do
you think the mechanism is Randy for it to plateau?

Why is there not more data available on this most intrinsic and easily
testable of effects?  You would think that the regulators would require
multiyear testing.  The long half life has always been the PMRA's (our EPA)
biggest concern with neonicotinoids.

Stan