From:
Liz & Paul Deveau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Mar 1998 18:16:02 -0500
John Goodman wrote:

> I have recently been prescribed a nonsteroidal anti-inflamatory drug and
> remembered about their possible side effects on beekeepers with respect to
> bee sting 'immunity'. Since the references are rather old and only a few
> cases were cited, I wondered if anyone had any more up to date information.

John

In the fals of 1996, I had back surgery for a herniated disc. To
alleviate the extreme pain prior to the operation, I was given
anti-inflamatory drugs.

Last spring, when I first started working with my bees again, I was
extrememly sensitive to bee stings.  The first half dozen or so stings
swelled up quite badly and took about two weeks each to subside.  After
that, I seemed to be less sensitive and by mid summer, things were back
to normal.

Paul