From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 07:36:08 -0800
I also share Charlie's question, since the temperature of the cluster
remains roughly the same.  But in three very good data sets that I know of,
N ceranae has been shown to be most prevalent in cool weather (data from
Fell, Eischen, and a few local reports are exceptions).

Either nosema appears to do best when the colony is dealing with cooler
temperatures.  Note also that this is typically when the colony also has
the most problem with some viruses and perhaps other pathogens, which could
suppress the immune response to nosema.  There are also typically
nutritional issues at this time, as well as an aging bee population in the
hive.

I'm finding that N ceranae infection is still poorly understood, and
perhaps complex.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA