From:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 13:05:18 -0400
>        The top shallow super's foundations are still undrawn, the second
>one down is quite full, mostly capped.
<SNIP>
>        Finally, I am unsure as to why they refuse to draw the foundation
>in the top super? Plenty of room up there

If I read this correctly, you have a full super of honey, and then a super
of foundation above, which is empty.

I always put either empty comb, or foundation BELOW a full super.  The
full one then tends to act as bait.  Also, the full super is likely full of bees
and so the bees draw out the foundation much faster.

Ian Watson    [log in to unmask]
real estate agent     gardener    baritone
beekeeper---> 14 colonies