Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2013 19:38:32 -0600
> Colonies diseased with AFB in isolated apiaries near Laramie were
> treated with the comparatively new antibiotic tylosin, or with sodium
> sulfathiazole applied by either gorging or dusting treatments.

I can confirm from personal experience that both drugs work extremely
well and very little or no recurrence is seen after using either, even
on very scaled up frames.

Take my word for it.  Don't try this at home, kids.

Sulfa is not allowed anymore and Tylosin should be used with caution as
they are both persistent.

Tylosin does not seem to trigger allergies in people, but sulfathiazole
apparently does.  Regardless, no one wants to have these chemicals show
up in honey and some education and thought must go into any application.