From:
"J. Waggle" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2008 14:54:35 -0800
--- queenbee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Joe wrote
>
> > There are a few, and there is a GREAT demand for
> > queens raised from small cell colonies.

> Why would the genetics of these queens from small
> cell colonies be different
> if they were raised from hives that were down sized?

Hello Trevor,

I did not make a statement that the genetics were any
different.  I just stated that there was a GREAT
demand for them.

>  I would think they are
> the same bees but on small cell?  This is unless
> they are raised from
> ferals.

Yes, virtually the same bees.  Except that by using
feral stock and culling as much as possible any swarm
not gathered from areas remote to domestic beekeeping,
as well as culling any queens that do not have body
markings that I find in the dominate and best
performing feral ‘for my area‘.  I feel that the bees
have survival traits developed naturally in the wild,
that breeders continue to strive for in their stock.

Trevor, they point of my previous post was to voice my
concern for persons seeking queens without asking an
abundance of questions.  I’m not here to get into any
feral bee fray.

Best Wishes,
Joe

Looking for last minute shopping deals?