From:
Gavin Ramsay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jul 2008 21:06:17 +0000
Hi Bill

> Would have saved a lot of discussion.

It would indeed.  However, you miss the point - we've known all along about the bees and their home planet.  Over here we've greatly enjoyed watching the contortions as the debate unfolds and every possible whipping-post of the ill-informed gets airtime.  The mobile phone outcry was, of course, deliberately planted by our German chums just to get the process underway.  We were a little surprised that the GM angle was not taken up with quite the enthusiasm we might have seen in previous years, and intrigued how the intensity shifted fairly rapidly first to viruses then pesticides.  Just wanted to say sorry to Randy, who valiantly tried to stay logical through all of this.

What completely baffles me is how no-one spotted the inter-planetary link already.  We've left enough clues - 11 year cycles anyone?!

Ever wondered why the focus has been on a company with the rather odd acronym of BAYER?  Don't let it be said that Germans have no sense of humour (OK then, humor).  Bees Are Your Extraterrestrial Representatives of course!  The trouble is, what are we going to do with this giant organisation now that we have infiltrated your food production system so comprehensively at a time of increasing worries over food security and presidential reshuffling?!

> What else are they keeping from us colonials?

Sorry - you'll have to wait for the next Dr Who series Bill!

all the best

Gavin