From:
Bill Ruzicka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 May 2011 11:22:40 -0700
MANY years ago I was in my literature recommending alcohol wash as the most
accurate method of sampling waroa until I was reprehended by two scientists
who were my mentors in my research of fungus HIRSUTTELA THOMPSONAI a
biological control of waroa.
They told me to take 5 samples of bees from 5 different places in the same
hive.
THEY were right THE lowest was 17 mites from one of 2 caped brood samples
Other did have 45. THE highest 72 was from POLLEN COMB and 35 and 22 were
from Honey combs.
They also told me to go to natural drop on full size bottom board protected
by #8 screen mesh  inserted in hives for 3-5 days all mites counted and
Prorated to 24 hours as only accurate way of mite's infestation.
They also told me to verify it by doing it 3 times on the same hive in
august.
They were right all 3 drops were between 24-26 mites prorated to 24 hours.
IF you want to know how to do it see:
http://www.mitegone.com/testandmaterials.asp
YOU MAY also found there how we got to ZERO mites. In tests 2006-2010.
Bill Ruzicka

Bill's Honey Farm - Home of the MiteGone Formic Acid Treatment
Kelowna, British Columbia,  CANADA
Tel/Fax: 1-250-762-8156 (the best way to reach me is by phone Pacific Time)
Email: [log in to unmask] Website: www.mitegone.com