From:
Murray McGregor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 13:03:20 +0000
In message <002c01c612b9$119eb020$878ff8d4@ajohnston>, Andrew Johnston
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Currently most beekeepers  in the UK use Epoxy Resin Coated mesh,
>developed in Germany I believe in order to resist the corrosive effects
>of Formic acid?

If you buy from Thornes that is likely what you will have, but actually
I have seen much more stainless steel mesh in use.

OK its quite expensive, but the resin coated is not really much cheaper.

I know of at least 1000 colonies in this part of the country (E.
Scotland) with stainless mesh on the floors, and no one I know uses the
resin coated from choice, just what you get if you buy ready made or pre
cut from one particular source.

The stainless is available by the roll from United Wire, and I know
several people who just buy a whole roll and use it over a period. We
can put mesh on the floors of about 300 hives with one large roll, and
the amount to do one floor costs about GBP 1.50......... USD 2.60 or so.

--
Murray McGregor