From:
Jerry Bromenshenk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 01:24:56 EDT
With Peter's help, we seem to have at least three choices.  Rick's  prices
don't quite match.  The MiScope is $275 for the basic scope.   The higher price
buys multiple light sources, etc.  Since its compact with  no objectives,
parts hanging off, it seems to be tough, able to sustain being  carried about.

The QX5 at $29 would be a real bargain, where did you find it at that  price?
 List is $99, discounted to $79.  At $29, I agree, it could be  a throw away.

The Novatech price is in pounds, and I didn't look up the conversion.   Has
anyone used this scope?

I like the over/under illumination of the QX5, and $29 would be a great
price.  At that price, I'd try one myself.

The MiScope has some good software - it can take still photos, movies, and
has built-in drawing and measurement tools.  Do the others offer something
similar?

Rick said he could post some images - it would be interesting to compare  all
three.  We'd be glad to publish a set of pictures taken by each scope  on our
web-site so that people could take a look - I certainly want to take  Rick up
on his offer.

Thanks

Jerry