From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 2015 09:35:50 -0500
Further, the two oils may only serve to confuse/disorient mites. Not kill
all of them unless they fall on a sticky board. Maybe the affected mites
leave the hive(s), and maybe they can recover and return later.

How can we not know the answer to this yet??  I am surprised that no one has
autopsied mites yet??  (I would if it were any where near my skill set)

I have heard many times "we don't know how it works"  is this really true,
or are we just not discussing it in public?   Surely someone you know has
the skills and tools to investigate dead mites?

FWIW,  mites from the sugar drop can live an average of 8 days in a plastic
container,  and climb at a rate of 1-2" a minute.  So just a "loss of
footing" doesn't really solve it.

Charles