Date:
Thu, 29 Aug 1996 10:27:27 BST
Cecile T. Kohrs wrote stuff about bee spit, followed by:
> I hope it isn't too trivial to ask, I am also interested in more recipes
> using honey, and what I'd have to do to modify recipes to use honey instead
> of sugar.

This may be of interest:

Date: Tue, 05 Dec 1995 22:39:12 GMT
From: Anne. ([log in to unmask])
Subject: Sugar to Honey Conversion

I don't eat sugar, but substitute honey in
any recipes. The basic rule of conversion
that I use is this: If you are cooking it,
use 3/4 honey for each cup of sugar. If you
don't cook it, use 1/2 cup of honey for
each cup of sugar. Then, for each cup of
honey used, reduce the liquids by 3/4 cup.
If there is little or no liquid (such as
oatmeal cookies), add an extra egg or two.
You may have to experiment with how many
eggs will work to keep it from being too
crumbly. Liquids like milk or juices can be
reduced without losing flavor by using
powdered milk or frozen juice concentrates.

--
Malcolm Roe            [log in to unmask]