From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 1995 22:23:12 -0800
 I was able to sub this list yesterday after a 2 day battle.
   I put in a note about having some bees up around 3,000 feet and
leaving them up for a month longer than my first group I brought back
down to sea level. The first group had a 50% loss do to Varroa, while the
second group had some Varroa but did not fold.I'm after any ideas on why
the bees left up in the mountains did not drop in population.
  I have been keeping bees for over 30 years and have known about varroa
with very little loss.I have used apistan strips in the early spring and
pull them around april 15 th.
Any Ideas. Now I will be able to see some comments.

   Thank You
  Roy Nettlebeck