From:
allen dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 2005 03:17:43 -0600
Bear with me.  This whole article is mostly quotes -- interesting quotes.
---

On Sunday, September 04, 2005 9:46 AM [GMT+1=CET], J. Waggle
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> This small cell test appeared in the September 2005 issue of Bee Culture,
> in the article "Commercial Beekeeping in Norway" by Hans-Otto  Johnsen
>
> Small Cell Test 2002-2004
<snip>
> * 40 colonies were tested in the same apiary.
> * 20  with cells 5.5mm measured in the broodnest. known as "Big cell
> group".
> * 20  with cells 4.9mm measured in the broodnest. known as "Small cell
> group
< etc...>

And further...

> What else does this new study refute?
>
> There is no AHB in Norway, so now the large cell advocates cannot say that
> it was AHB influenced.
>
> Get out da way!!! ,,, the large cell bee house of cards is starting to
> fall. ;>)

Who says there is no AHB in Norway?  Who knows, and who is telling?  Who has
looked? Queens travel in pockets a lot more than most will admit.

Now this from the Apis newsletter, for those who may have missed it:

FWIW,

allen