From:
BeeCrofter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 May 1998 09:09:13 EDT
        How successfull is taking a hive full of swarm cells and dividing it into 3
or 4 nucs depending on the brood and number of cells available?
    My understanding is that swarm cell queens are pretty well raised and
fairly strong.
    My plan is to do this where I have the most hives in one location so as to
have a fair quantity of drones available for mating- nothing like the big guys
but I have extra hives this year and don't mind shutting down my paying job to
go out and play with the bees.

Tom in CT