From:
"Richard A. Haver" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jun 1994 08:36:35 EDT
I have noticed a singular lack of Carniolan suppliers in the eastern US.
There's a place in South Carolina that offers them and one of the Weavers in
Texas also supplies (sorry, I forget which Weaver). The great preponderance
of Carniolan suppliers are in California. It seems that 95% percent of the
suppliers east of the Mississippi offer primarily or only Italians. This has
lead me to wonder about a couple of things: 1) why are there so darn few
Carniolan suppliers in the eastern US; 2) why do the bee suppliers in the
southeast US devote themselves almost exclusively to Italians; 3) what is the
downside (or the upside) to someone like me (New Hampshire) ordering
Carniolans from the other side of the continent?

thnx,
Rick Haver