From:
dan hendricks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:43:51 -0800
I lost the address of a bee-lister who posted that he
had kept very many hives for very many years and had
never used TM.  Despite this, he had only encountered
AFB maybe 13 or 14 times.  He was arguing against use
of TM because it masked the presence of AFB.  I wish
to post this reply to him:  With the clarity of
hindsight we can see that you would not have
benefitted from use of TM except, at most, in 14
instances, because the AFB spores were not there
enyway in numbers which exceeded the bees' ability to
keep them suppressed below the symptom level.  With
the same hindsight, we can see also that the use of TM
continually through all those years would not have
created any problems, either.  Dan