From:
Keith Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:19:31 -0800
Hi All,

She is not simply "doing things her own way",
> but attempting to explain the results as well...  At that point, I lean
back
> to the need for the scientific method.

You may wish to give it a trial. Just because Dee is not a member of the
scientific community does not mean she can not have results that she can
attempt to explain to those willing to hear her and check out for
themselves.

> And if Dee Lusby didn't understand what Karen Oland was trying to say to
her
> and the list, try looking up Occum's razor...

In my opinion (I have checked this razor for sharpness) I find Occam's razor
a crock sometimes. Using Occam's razor for a reason not to study something
shows a lackadaisical reason to put it aside. We are not living in the time
of William of Occam (1284-1347), things may have changed in 600 or so years.

Here is something I wrote in a previous post on the subject of Occam's
razor;
>><<

> Occam's Razor applied to Comb Size

Aristotle's cites a notion that "the more perfect a nature is the fewer
means it requires for its operation."

Keith Malone
<><>

Nothing can be simpler than changing foundation cell size and breeding for a
better strain of bee. If the Lusby's have got a better strain of bee I say
use it. Lots of people are trying to confuse this whole subject and all it
needs is to be tried (trial & tested). Chemicals and various apparatus for
controlling varroa and other ailments of the honey bee seems to me very much
more complex than the simple solution.

Besides Occam's razor fits fine with the Lusby's simple solution for a
healthy honey bee.

Check out this URL of a comic strip about Occam's razor.
http://zebu.uoregon.edu/~js/glossary/occams_razor.html

I hope I have not offended anybody of the scientific community but instead
encouraged any and all to look at things more closely.
  .  ..
c(((([
Keith Malone
Chugiak, Alaska USA