Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 2010 12:06:17 -0500
> In fact, all sorts of operations, from the most Simon-pure stationary
> isolated organic 'natural' operations to the most promiscuous truck-driving
> pollination whores  are experiencing this disorder, so let's give it a rest,
> OK?

Interesting that  "Simon-pure stationary isolated organic 'natural'
operations" also suffer CCD. I have never seen this here but, if true, it
certainly complicates the issue.

I still have the belief that much of the CCD reported that has not been
tested (BTW, what are we testing for?) is suspect. I do not doubt the
experience of long time beekeepers, but we do tend to laziness when there is
an easy answer at hand.

After all, there are still some commercial operations here on the East Coast
that hold that pesticides are the cause of CCD which seems to be in conflict
with what I read on this list.

Maine is again experiencing some winter die off because of Tracheal, which
is enough like CCD to cause mis-diagnosis by some.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine