From:
Mike Bassett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:39:12 -0400
On Sun, 21 Sep 2008 22:09:28 -0500, Bob Harrison  wrote:

>center of the top of the second box Mike?

true, I put it in the center of the second box if the third box has only
honey, if alot of brood in third box then I put it on third box.

>I am a week later treating than last year.
I'm treating at the same time but the weather is cooler this year.

>We are getting a strong goldenrod flow now. Bees are all over the bloom
and you can smell the nectar when in the yard.

since our golden rod is done, I'm guessing you have a different variety.
Did you ever consider collecting the seeds and selling them to us
northerners, with the climate change and all we could go another couple of
weeks b/4 pulling our supras, I don't think my back could take it.

>What are other BEE-L members bees looking like?
  Many hives here are in excelent shape, mite counts are higher than the
last three years, almost no early swarms, but we only had one week without
rain(bass wood) until golden rod came in, all the swarms happened in Aug-
sept, similar to two years ago and everyone lost many hive.  but the flow
was better this year than two years ago so we will see.
  I also received the following from mite-way II

I have heard of all of the following requirements except:minimum colony
size six full frames of bees for the cluster. If my hives are heavy they
may be down to six frames but I never really checked.

below is a response I sent to Bee-L last Monday.  For some reason it was
not posted, even though I received the automated "received" notice.