From:
"Lipscomb, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 09:18:01 -0400
>I get a chuckle out of Allen's views and his supposed superior way of
keeping bees.
>We scrape our honey supers and dead outs every spring before the season
starts,
>sorting comb, introducing new comb, but we also scrape the bottom and top
bars every
>time we break the hive down,

Seems like a lot of work, and a good deal of lost honey (due to the overhead
of making the new wax) for what seems like about 60 hours of burr-free
frames. I like to scrape out any burr comb that has drone cells in it to
remove any resident Varroa when I find them. When I recently had to go back
into a hive that I had cleaned up five days prior I found the new comb
already in place.