From:
Peter Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Nov 2015 23:47:01 -0000
>Firstly Canola is not Rapeseed.  The two names are not interchangeable
as some seem to think and yes, the latter was a hive killer

Dave, this is very interesting to someone who has rape close to every
apiary.  The CABK Autumn meeting at Kenilworth has an item that many of us
will find interesting:

"Dr Alison Haughton Nutritional resources provided by varieties of oilseed
rape"

 But I would like to learn far more about the differences between both
Canola and Oilseed rape, and all the varieties within each.

When I started beekeeping, we would regularly see 6 or 8 supers per hive
from bees on OSR - but not now.  What has changed?

Best wishes

Peter