From:
Andy Nachbaur <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Jun 1997 15:58:00 GMT
This OLd Drone is eating a little crow, and at last one of his opinions
was wrong  and he, (I) made a mistake and apologize to all as Dr.
Erickson points out in this note in the past he has shared the glory of
research with beekeepers and he is right and I acknowledge that I made a
mistake and accept that I was wrong. Dr. Erickson is the beekeepers
friend. IMHO

The public other then you and I are not going to take the time to
research the record and sadly all they will ever know about this subject
is what they read in the latest "news" paper fillers on honeybees and
what the USDA puts out as press releases on the their web site. What I
wrote is based on what I and what I think the public has or will see
"today" on this subject and in my humble opinion I tried to express that
in my posting as accurate and the best I could. I am not perfect, I
am not a bee scientist, I am a old opinionated beekeeper who has a small
cancer on the end of his proboscis that maybe sometimes blurs what I
see and I do make mistakes. Or at least I did as far as Dr. Erickson
efforts to acknowledge beekeepers collaboration with him in the past
based on what I read and have seen the last week in the farm papers and
on the United States Department of Agriculture web site of their own
AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH MAGAZINE for May 1997 at:

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/AR/archive/may97/

Have a look and judge for yourselves if the public is being given the
facts.

                          ttul Andy-
                          the OLd Drone

This message was from "Eric H. Erickson, Jr." <[log in to unmask]>