From:
Rick Grossman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Nov 1996 16:48:35 +0000
This one should get plenty of comment.  To my understanding, nectar is
sucrose, a di-sacharide (sp?) which is then converted by the bees with
invertase enzymes into mono-sacharides (again sp?).  Sugar is also sucrose,
so the resulting product should be honey, not sugar syrup.  This is my
understanding - what do the long time experts have to say?

Rick Grossman
Oregon