From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 17:25:20 -0800
David Green wrote:

>  Anise Hyssop seeds. He reported that this is an excellent nectar source,
>  is a perennial, is winter hardy, easy to grow, and loved by bees. (snip) >>
>
>    It is a long-blooming plant as well.  It will often bloom in the fall for
> a while here in the south, then bloom again throughout the spring.  It has

        Hi Dave,
        I don't think it blooms quite that early in the north. Dr Szabo
said that in Ontario it blooms well in Aug., and stars in early Jul..
Somtimes provides a good flow from mid Jul right through to early Sep.
Another interesting tidbit was that he found that with some plants you
must have a certain amount planted to get honeybees interested- then
they will work it well. Smaller plantings may attract only bumblebees or
yellowjackets.