From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2008 23:02:58 -0700
deknow writes:

how long should this take?  should they be dead by now if put in deadouts in
mid april?  obviously, no acetic acid or other treatment was made to these
deadouts.

Reply:
Walk away splits made and all equipment taken up/ No treatments and no artificial feeds given. Been taking honey in yards concerned (that had samples taken for Dr Bromenshenk), and will continue until first killer fall hard frost stopping bloom. Also, by the way, some of the equipment was taken to other yards to take up, and taking honey in those yards too, with no problems seen using the equipment........But since nosema in USA since about 1914 see no problem for what I did to correct things. Somewhere in last round of honey taking will make a few more splits for going into winter too for more numbers increase, as I don't mind doing Nov/Dec splits in strong colonies.

Dee-