From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2005 22:52:40 -0500
Mike,
Direct email your phone number and the best contact time and I will give to
Dann. We talk about once a week.
We are both considering dropping the Russian lines. I believe he would sell
some of his Blue line breeder queens but you need to talk to Dann.

The gold line (six way closed system) queens are  so much better than the
Russian lines in my opinion but only my opinion. The gold line has years of
breeding and the Russian line needs years of breeding in my opinion. Purvis
Brothers has certainly improved the Russian line with II.

Purvis offers Blue line Russians open mated to Gold line drones. I like
those better than the Russian/Russian but only my opinion. The
Russian/Russian are like what the lab sends to Glenn apiaries.

The Russian lines are what they are. If not for being able to evaluate both
the Russian/Russian and the Purvis Gold line I most likely would still be
thrilled with the Russian lines as they are varroa tolerant and do produce
honey. The Russians do have some traits I am not fond of .

Mike I went back and looked at the post you sent asking about my speaking at
your club meeting and you did not include a phone number. Dann would rather
talk on the phone than send emails. I do have Dann's cell number but will
not give out unless he tells me to.

Bob