From:
Richard Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 23:37:39 -0500
I was at the farm and garden today and noticed a product.  The material was
sold under the name: Kelthane Spray and contained 1-1-bis (chlorophenyl)
2,2,2-trichloroethane.  The product claimed to be a miticide.  The label
said it was specific for mites and would not hurt honey bees.

Could this product be used in hives to kill mites where I just want to raise
queens and am not collecting honey?  I am also thinking that it might be
used to save some wild hives in trees that are near my home.

I don't want to get flamed about chemicals in honey so I am only posing the
question for use in queen breeding operations.  Under strict understanding
that the honey would not be collected or the comb put into any hives that
might be used for honey production.

Richard Barnes