From:
Viktor Sten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 20:06:55 -0500
Hi

This will be my 3rd season without apistan. Instead I am using m.o.
on the top bars only combined with grease patties with wintergreen
oil, the patties are put in at the same time as I wrap for winter.

The oil was applied during the spring, summer and atumn for a
total of 3 times.

When I started  this method I had 8 hives versus now 22.  The
augmentation stems from splits and caught swarms. No quuens
were purchased. So far all my hives are alive including two, in
my basement coldroom, which were late swarms too small
to winter outside.

Viktor in Hawkesbury, On. where it is snowing.