From:
George Fergusson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Feb 2006 11:43:13 -0500
At 08:40 PM 2/25/06 -0800, you wrote:
>What are some good traits to look for and breed for in a good queen?

Here's a list of 26 traits which can ostensibly be selected for. It was put
forth and discussed over on Beesource recently. Not being a bee breeder but
interested in it nonetheless, I only offer these here for the sake of
discussion. I'm not personally prepared to argue/defend them!

1. EGG LAYING RATE
2. EGG VIABILITY RATE
3. BROOD CYCLE TIME
4. BROOD NURTURING