From:
"E.t. Ash" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2017 06:24:43 -0500
a Paul Hosticka snip followed by > my comments
Beekeeper knowledge, I believe, follows a predictable bell curve. In its simplest form, we all start knowing nothing about bees. After about 3 to 5 years if we stick with it and try to learn we know about all there is to know about bees. As an old friend used to say "in beekeeping its what you learn after you know it all that makes the difference". As the decades role we learn that a lot of what we knew just ain't so and start knowing less about bees. In our dotage we are back to the baseline and have no absolute knowledge about bees.

>your entire post was very nicely stated Paul.  I had to read it twice but did wonder about your preferred source of crystals?

>actually a young commercial beekeeper I met it North Dakota made the statement that after one or two years of keeping bees you THINK you know all there is to beekeeping but after 5 years of serious effort your estimate is 50% and after 10 you are really not certain what you know about bees and beekeeping.

Gene in Central Texas