From:
Larry Krengel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 2010 17:18:08 -0600
> they will sue you

Considering that case was ten years ago, it might be of interest to know how
it turned out

Here is an answer from the Monsanto website

"A very small percentage of farmers do not honor this agreement. Monsanto
does become aware, through our own actions or through third-parties, of
individuals who are suspected of violating our patents and agreements. Where
we do find violations, we are able to settle most of these cases without
ever going to trial. In many cases, these farmers remain our customers.
Sometimes however, we are forced to resort to lawsuits. This is a relatively
rare circumstance, with 140 lawsuits filed since 1997 in the United States,
as of December 2009. This averages about 10 per year for the past 12 years.
To date, only 9 cases have gone through full trial. In every one of these
instances, the jury or court decided in our favor."

This makes is sound like all suits were against those who willfully broke a
contract they signed.  What I did not find was any information about suing
farmers whose crops are down wind.  Has that really happened?  I suspect
Monsanto would not mention this if it has occurred.

Larry Krengel