From:
Joel Govostes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 1997 08:10:16 -0500
I have also found that the queens do not usually lay in the deep cells
(using 8 frames per 10-fr size super).

Late in the season I will sometimes find drone brood up in the supers,
probably from laying workers up there.  The bottom-most super (above the
brood chambers) will sometimes have brood in the center combs if the nectar
flow has not provided enough pressure to keep the queen way down.  It is
not common, however.  I just group the combs containing brood into empty
supers and place them somewhere in a stack of well-filled supers for the
brood to emerge and be replaced by honey.  This seems to do the trick.