Date:
Mon, 13 May 2013 15:50:16 -0400
A minor detail overlooked in my prior post.

Queens refuse to lay in cells with wires present above the wax level, the classic example being the cross-wired frame, where the horizontal wires were not fully imbedded.  The queen never has a problem laying in a cell directly above a vertical wire embedded into "crimp-wired foundation" when the foundation is milled, so its not the wire itself, it is that the wire is not covered by wax.

So, the wires have to be imbedded in the plastic with care.  This means that the wire will need one voltage for fully imbedding them into the plastic, and another, lower voltage for use in killing brood.

I don't want this to be discovered only after the comb is drawn and the queen starts to lay.