From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:38:31 +0000
Charles wrote:  It could explain why many denounce packages,  they bring in a
stronger mite again??

I have started treating my packages for mites before I hive them.  I got the idea from those famous videos (no longer on YouTube) of the German lady (name escapes me) who showed how mites were controlled.  Basically she shook the whole hive, packaged the bees, spray treated them, then re-hived them.  A lot of work that she made look easy.  But why not spray treat packages, I thought?  So I'm doing that now.  (Removing the queen first)

Christina