From:
Carl Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 15:47:27 -0400
>Casey Burns <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>I lost all my bees last fall to Varroa - consequently, I have boxes full
>of honey and pollen to start my bees in (tomorrow, actually!).
>
>My question is: should I start them in only 1 brood chamber, or should I
>start them in 2 - essentially as they were left for overwintering?
>Thanks!
>Casey Burns

IMHO and assumming that you are going to be installig packages, I would not
start in 2 boxes.  The age ratio of the package will trigger a supersedure
response.  Don't worry, just monitor weekly and remove any queen cells that
are started.  As the queen increases her laying productivity this will stop.

If you use two boxes the bees will have an even stronger supersedure response.

Use the second box when the queen is well established and after she has it full
with emerging brood remove it without the queen.  Place it on a bottom board
and give it a new queen.  You will have a new strong hive by fall.
                Carl Mueller
                West Palm Beach, Florida USA
                Email: [log in to unmask]
         I think therefore, I am politically incorrect!!