From:
Jim Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 2010 05:18:33 +0000
Water issues are a definite problem. I believe its where the wall Randy refers to that creates serious controversy. For example, my ancestors wrote about wading the Sacramento River (upper Sacto Valley) in August while we now support a large fall salmon.

Also, Our ES law often protects one species at the expense of many others when it comes to water.  For example, the Klamath Basin/Klamath River decision to dry up national wildlife refuges and support salmon and suckers.

It may come to the point that your grandkids will enjoy lots of salmon while eating (what they can afford) foreign food. Except for almonds, of course.