Date:
Sat, 29 Jan 2011 11:52:51 -0500
>This incident has been well reported
world wide and I have personally discussed this find with Denis and where we
go from here and the implications for Australia.<

I would be interested in hearing more on the implications. How virulent is the PNG mite towards the western honeybee?
Do you know if the PNG mite can live on both Apis cerana and Apis mellifera?

In regards to the paper discussing the two haplotypes of destructor in North America we hear of some who have very little issues with varroa with a higher percent having major issues. Can the two haplotypes be playing a part in this? Seems a important thing to know.
Or does the paper belong in the trash?