From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:30:59 -0700
Hi All,

Are you all as exhausted by this thread as I am?

Folks, I don't know how it fell upon me to sort fact from opinion and rebut
the tirade against the native pollinator folk, but it did.
I've made phone calls and sent emails to virtually all involved in the
process--congressional staffers, CCD team members, leaders of our national
organizations.
I've been unable to find a shred of support for the premise that the native
pollinator folk caused our CCD funding to be delayed.  On the contrary, I've
found abundant evidence that the bee industry has greatly benefitted from
the Coevolution Institute's lobbying presence, and all their hard work to
bring about National Pollinator Week.  The bee industry appears to have
hopped onto the native pollinator train, which was already rolling.

Every player I've spoken to has told me that the bee industry is in debt to
Coevolution Institute for their support of our agenda, and that there is no
justification for any criticism of the native pollinator folk whatsover.

This is a historic moment in the bee industry--our two national groups are
working together to present a common agenda to Congress!  We've been blessed
also by the hand that the established native pollinator lobby has offered
us.  This is not the time for bickering, but rather to show the public and
Congress that we are team players.

Can we move on?

Randy Oliver