From:
Eric Abell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 1995 08:18:29 -0700
On Thu, 14 Dec 1995, Jean-Pierre Chapleau wrote:

> To keep with the same thread, I am curious to know at what specific time
the > beekeepers shut the upper entrance in the spring and force the bees
to use > the lower entrance.  What motivates the choice?

My practice is to leave the wraps on as long as I can.  Normally I will
unwrap and close the top entrance between April 15 and May 7 (more or
less).  This choice of closing the enrance is motivated by my need to see
what is going on and what my winter losses have been.  It may be better to
leave the upper entrance or even re-wrap but my management in this case
is dictated by my laziness.

Eric Abell                           email: [log in to unmask]
Gibbons, AB, T0A 1N0
Canada
(403) 998 3143