Date:
Sun, 9 May 2010 21:53:06 EDT
Randy is far kinder than I am about this study.  It is seriously  flawed,
from the initial design to the statistical analyses, which more or less
invalidates the entire study.

This article is my choice of the best example of how not to design,
conduct, and write up an experiment; and it is a classic example of the  failure
of the peer-review system.  This paper wouldn't have gotten a  passing grade
in an undergraduate research/technical writing class.  It  should never have
managed to get accepted and published.  Unfortunately, it  is a deceptive
paper.  It takes an authoritative attitude, has lots of  charts and tables,
and so it LOOKS like a good paper.

Jerry