From:
Ian Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 1998 12:41:55 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: February 19, 1998 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: New Hives

>If it were me, I'd medicate right away and keep it up all summer and fall
>unless it looks like you might get a super of honey to take from the bees.
>Start with one Apistan strip.  Leave it in for only the prescribed time.
>Following that either replace it with two new strips

One of the reasons for leaving the Apistan strips in for the prescribed time, and
no longer, is to slow down mite resistance.  Replacing it with two more strips
would defeat the purpose. IMHO.

Ian Watson    [log in to unmask]
real estate agent     gardener    baritone
beekeeper---> 10 colonies and counting