From:
Lloyd Spear <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 14:52:39 -0500
A few months ago several list members asked if I would release a detailed
drawing of the Sundance Pollen Trap, so that beekeepers could consider
making their own.  I replied that no such drawings were available.

Another list member, Tim Arheit, volunteered to make such a drawing, and a
Bill of Materials, and has not completed his work.  Accordingly, I am
willing to send the 5-page drawing and Bill of Materials to interested list
members who contact me privately.

Please do not ask for this material unless you are an accomplished
woodworker or cabinet maker.  The Trap is quite complex and it will take an
accomplished person at least 40 hours of total effort to make a copy, even
with the instructions.  Moreover, even with the instructions it is not clear
(to me) that one would be able to produce a finished and functioning trap
without also purchasing and disassembling a genuine Sundance trap.

Lloyd
Lloyd Spear, Owner of Ross Rounds, manufacturer of comb honey equipment
for beekeepers and Sundance pollen traps.
http://www.rossrounds.com