From:
Vince Coppola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 Sep 1997 20:33:15 -0700
Brian Myers wrote:
  I have a Dadant 32 frame extractor.  The model
> number on the control unit is 90-70, and the serial number is
> 7-4-258.  The front of the control unit has two lights, green and
> red;  a large dial marked 0-100;  a power switch;  and a recessed
> button marked "7" (which I'm guessing is a circuit breaker reset,
> perhaps?)  The back of the unit has two switches marked
> "continuous run" and "timer motor".  If I turn on the power
> switch and the "continuous run" switch, the dial seems to
> control the speed.  Can anyone explain the timer operation
> and the meaning of the green and red lights to me?

Hi Brian,
        Yes that is the breaker. The "timer motor" switch starts the timer
motor at the back of the variac (large knob- speed control) and the run
time timer. Do not turn the speed control while the timer motor is
running, you can damage the mechanisim. To run a load in auto, set the
speed control to 30 then switch on the "timer motor". The speed will
automatically advance to full speed and run at full speed for 5 min. If
honey is still spinning out switch on "continuous run" to finish the
run. At the end of a load turn off both swithes and reset the speed
control to 30, you're ready for the next load. Green light=run, Red
light=cycle complete(5 min timer has timed out).

> I know I need to lubricate the bearings, and I have the proper
> grease, but how do I do it?  I think there are upper and lower
> bearings on the central axis.  Do I have to dis-assemble it
> to lubricate it?

        No. The fittings, one on the top bearing and one on the lower bearing,
can be reached with a flex end on your grease gun. If you need more help
just write.