From:
P-O Gustafsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 20:24:13 +0700
There has been a lot of talk about vaporizing oxalic acid recently. I
tried both this and dribbling four years ago when the first vaporizer
was presented. Direct link to my result for those new on the list:

http://beeman.se/research/oxalic/oxalic-0-nf.htm
http://beeman.se/research/oxalic/oxalic-1-nf.htm

When we don't wrap hives fore winter here, trickling would be by far
the best way to go. It took me 1,5 min per hive with the 3,2%
solution. A friend helped me in the pictures when I was holding the
camera, apart from those I did most of the treatment myself.

The tiniest sniff of oxalic vapor will tell you it's not to play with!

Now having said that, what method that's best for the bees is another
thing. It's been proven that dribbling cause damage to bees and gives
a slower springt build up. Claims have been made that vaporizing don't
cause so much damage, but haven't seen any reasearch yet to prove it.

--
Regards

P-O Gustafsson, Sweden
http://beeman.se