Date:
Sat, 27 May 2000 21:40:27 -0500
On Sat, 27 May 2000, Bosaiya wrote:

> What advantage do the shims have over a hole drilled in the supers? I've
> always done that with wonderful results. They congregate around those holes
> and use them almost exclusively in some cases. I've never used the shims so

Once you drill the hole in the super you are kind of stuck with it. The
shims allow for adjustmet. For example if you have a large number of
supers on you can add shims.

I use almost all medium supers for both brood and honey production. I
don't want extra holes in my brood chambers so I insert a shim up in the
honey supers when needed.