From:
Scott Koppa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Aug 2018 12:12:57 -0400
> I just tip the super in front of the hive and use a light weight Stihl blower.

Like others, I use an electric blower, and have a 2000 watt propane generator with a long extension cord that I carry in the back of the truck. I'm thinking of getting a cordless EGO blower, as I have the line trimmer and it is the bomb. I already have a double-size battery, so it would be easy, and would give me between 1-1.5 hours of on-time, if the trimmer is any indication.

I have flooded more than my share of 2-cycle motors, and enjoy the switch-on ease and reliability of the electric.

I also move the supers probably 50 feet from the apiary before blowing them out. Keeps the population in the immediate vicinity of the hives a little lower, and they all seem to find their way back.

Skillman, NJ