Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 09:12:52 PDT
Hello Gang,

Roy Nettlebeck posted an interesting note.
Keep up the good work Roy. I appreciate your input.

His tactful post comes very close to ground zero on the target
of "Why GMO?"

<<It is good to question things that can affect all of us.
We are all on the same planet. >>

I shall be more bold here!

We will not see the reason for the use of GMO's if we keep our noses pressed
against an ear of corn. The issue is much larger than BT corn,
or pollen, or providing insect resisting food plants.
The issue is brought into a much clearer focus when we look at
world food production, but we must not dwell on that image for long,
lest it distract us.

Step back for a moment, and look at the big picture.
Given the mega-mergers of food, chemical, banking, manufacturing, pharmaceutical,and even communication companies, and you will see the
vertical lines of organization are blurred at the top.
You can no longer say, "This is a chemical company, or this is a food
producer." They are no longer meat and potato companies.
They are now producing stew!

Murphy's law states in part;

The Golden Rule, = The man with the gold makes the rules.
Consider the following,

1. The money is in far fewer hands than at any time in history.

2. If GMOs are controlled by mega-companies, they can control the world
   food supply. Beekeepers are a very small cog in this machinery.
   (Reference: Terminator seed technology.)

Ernie Gregoire "Beekeeper," definition= partially brave,

                            partially excentric

Grist Mill Apiary

Canaan, New Hampshire, USA

07/13/99 09:12:53